In most cases, towing and labor coverage applies to the vehicle listed on your insurance policy. It is primarily designed to assist with the insured vehicle’s breakdown or accident. However, coverage can vary between insurance providers, so it is essential to review your policy or contact your insurer for specific details.

Alternative options for non-owned vehicles

If you need assistance with a car that isn’t yours, such as a rental vehicle or a friend’s car, your towing and labor coverage may not extend to that specific vehicle. However, there are alternative options available. For instance, some insurance policies offer roadside assistance as a separate add-on that covers any vehicle you are driving, regardless of ownership.


To ensure you have the right coverage, it’s best to check with your insurance provider and inquire about options for non-owned vehicles. They can provide information on whether you can add coverage for non-owned cars or suggest alternative solutions, such as separate roadside assistance programs that offer broader coverage.

Remember, understanding the details of your policy and consulting with your insurer will help you determine the best course of action for obtaining assistance with a non-owned vehicle.

About the Author: CompuQuotes Editorial
Get smart about saving money on insurance